Time & Location
About the Event
Experience the magic of eco‐printing on paper, a process of making direct contact botanical prints from the natural pigment found in plants. Capture stunning one of a kind botanical prints on paper.
Experiment with a variety of papers including – watercolor paper, deli paper, doilies, tags, book pages and more. The unpredictable and surprising result is what makes the process of eco printing so exciting.
During the six hour workshop you will:
- Learn two techniques for making paper bundles: layering cut sheets and rolling long strips
- Assemble your own paper bundle using onion skins and a variety of different plant materials
- Learn about the magic ingredient called alum that gives an extra boost to the colors released by your plant materials
- Learn how to use iron to deepen the color, during or after the print making process
- Receive an introduction to natural dyes
- Create a project with some of your eco printEs
Your finished eco prints can be used for making books, journals, cards, tags, collages, and can be embellished with hand stitching or pieces of ephemera. Supplies along with several examples will be on hand to inspire you. No experience necessary. All tools, supplies and plant material will be provided.
Lunch is included with the workshop.
The Workshop will meet at 5290 Main Street, Spring Hill, TN.
Class fee is $135. All supplies, instruction and lunch included.
- Ecoprint Workshop$135$1350$0